Blooming 2...studio shots

Sometimes when the weather gets too wild, I take my flower subjects inside...that way I get to capture them without all the wind and the rain that forced me inside to find shelter...the added bonus is you get to enjoy them inside for a bit longer than if left to the elements.

I get to play with light, reflections and try to get that look I'm wanting (or just happy with)  without having to combat mother nature...

Using a continuous studio lighting ie a softbox, a lightbox for those illuminating shots from underneath, a LED spotter for back lighting (can use a LED torch) and black perspex...a simple set up.... I can position the flower/s up and just move the camera around to get the angles... 

I like the shadows and the color depth you get with a studio set up...learning through play is what some experts say... 

I think I am grown up enough to say learning through experimenting...