Skip to main content

sam hicks

Search This Blog

Posted by sam hicks on February 06, 2011
  • Get link
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Pinterest
  • Email
  • Other Apps

  • Get link
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Pinterest
  • Email
  • Other Apps

Popular Posts

Image

A good book by the fire on a wet day !

“ Welcome to the age of emotion – how to attract and connect with customers using video”   a new book by M ichael Langdon, 2018, McPhersons, Australia.,  This is a book I received in the mail as a  Marketing magazine  subscriber. I thought oh here is a free book ??This may be interesting. I was surprised, it actually was a great read and timey given the need for research for clients and study. Plus it was a perfect day for reading.. So with hot coffee and a roaring fire alongside me I read about the opportunities that come with video and the benefits to business. We all know that video is a higher viewed medium than an image. Just look at UTube, noted as the biggest search engine by Langdon in his book. Or even check out your insights behind your Facebook or Instagram accounts to see how video performs in posts compared to a link or an image. The author,  Michael Langdon  has a wealth of experience in video and selling em...
Image

#mustgetbacktoblogging

Have been so slack in updating this blog! Life, clients, and study are taking up all my time. Not that I'm complaining... Working on my social media posts, did I mention study? Currently undertaking an MBA and loving the challenges it brings. Halfway through now.. I have plenty of time for photography still and it drives me to shoot or capture something every day. I promise ill be better at posting but until then since its the first day of Winter.. enjoy the winter warmers such as hot chocolate, warm fires, soups all those things that we Aussies enjoy. Until next post here is 3 of my recent favourites.. Funny how flowers and spring feature.....must be getting soft in my old age. #mustgetbacktoblogging #winter #winterishere #winter2018 #photobysamhickscomau
Image

I like it better behind the camera...

According to https://www.scancorner.com.au/history-of-the-cameras-timeline/ the first camera ever invested was a pinhole camera...thanks to Ibn Al-Haytham. Thanks to him I get to play with cameras every day in some form or another. My favorites are the ones from 1930 those and polaroids in 1948...something about being able to instantly print an image.....oh and wetback Reise's...ok ill just stop now. Everyone now has the ability to capture a moment in time, memories in an instant, some never get printed, some never get shared... Back in the old days, a lot more thought went into the composition of each image as it was a lot of effort to produce an image. Joseph Nicéphore Niépce in about the mid-1820's produced the first image in France with the daguerreotype by Louis Jacques Mandé Daguerre in 1839 also in Paris.. The French had great art, wine and cameras.....  I feel things didn't get really interesting until 1851, according to Harvard library, ...
Powered by Blogger
(c) samhicks.com.au